How to Setup BlackBerry Passport Smartphone – 10.3
To set up your BlackBerry 10 device, you need a nano SIM card. If you don’t have a SIM card or don’t have the right type of SIM card, contact your service provider.
If you want more storage for pictures, videos, music, and documents, insert a media card (microSD card).
When you’re ready, open the Setup app. This app helps you transfer content from your old device, and add your email,BBM, instant messaging, and social networking accounts.
Insert the SIM card
Depending on your service provider and where you purchased your BlackBerry device, the SIM card might already be inserted.
- With the back of your device facing you, use the indentation on the top of the device to pull the top part of the cover toward you.
- With the metal contacts facing away from you, insert the nano SIM card into the right slot as shown.
Insert a media card
- With the back of your BlackBerry device facing you, use the indentation on the top of the device to pull the top part of the cover toward you.
- With the metal contacts facing away from you, insert the media card into the left slot.
Set up your device using the Setup app
If your device is connected to a mobile network or a Wi-Fi network, you can use the Setup app to do any of the following:
- Add your email, BBM, instant messaging, and social networking accounts
- Set up your payment options for purchases you make from the BlackBerry World storefront
- Learn how to transfer content from your old device
- Customize your device settings
The Setup app prompts you to enter an existing BlackBerry ID or create a new one. If you are not sure whether you already have a BlackBerry ID, on your computer, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
To open the Setup app, on the home screen, tap .